Many tourists are interested in coming to Indonesia. That’s because of its natural beauty and panorama.
Because of that there are various tourists from foreign countries who are willing to come all the way.
But there are unwritten ethics and rules that are prohibited in Indonesia and understood by these Caucasians. Reporting from World Nomads and The Culture Trip, this is the ban that applies in Indonesia for tourists..
1. It is forbidden to drink alcohol in public places, except when visiting tourist sites, such as Bali. Most of Indonesia adheres to Islam which upholds its values
2. Joking about race, religion, and ethnicity. Indonesia consists of a variety of people with different backgrounds, so mutual respect is the key to remain one.
3. Drink tap or sink water without cooking, because it can make you sick. The water is still not guaranteed to be clean, unless it is used for bathing or cooking.
Related Post : 8 things that are still considered taboo in Indonesia
4. Hitchhike or nebeng sounds common abroad, but not in Indonesia. You can be asked for large amounts of money if you don’t ask first.
5. Wear shoes or sandals when entering someone else’s house. This is considered an attitude of disrespect.
6. Passing older Indonesians without bowing. This way of greeting shows respect.