1. HANDWRITING METHOD
The first way to memorize quickly is by handwriting. Educational psychologist from the University of Nebraska, Kenneth Kiewra, said writing activities made brain functions related to the ability to remember and understand a lesson sharper.
This was also revealed by researchers from Washington University. They said that students who took notes using the handwritten method were able to remember lessons longer than those who did not. Because writing makes the brain well organized. It’s also easier for the brain to record things that Grameds’ hand has written.
Good This : 6 Reasons Students Need to Study Independently
2. MIND MAP METHOD
Mind mapping is a visually organized mind mapping of ideas and concepts. This technique was originally introduced by Tony Buzan, a psychologist from England. With a Mind Map-style Memorizing Method, it is guaranteed to be more powerful for understanding and memorizing subject matter.
Mind maps are considered as a system that uses the principles of brain management to unlock all the hidden potentials and capacities of the brain.
Because we learn to use the right brain which involves imagination, visualization, creativity, and is directly related to the subconscious brain so that it is easier to remember. In addition, with this learning technique, our minds will focus on the main topic and then associate with certain keywords from a lesson.
This will certainly make it easier for us to remember because we focus on the important points and summarize them into a simple concept map. Besides being interesting, making a Mind Map is also not difficult, you know. Interested in trying Grameds? Here’s how:
- Prepare paper that you are ready to doodle on, prioritize plain paper so that you can freely imagine. Second, of course, colorful pencils or markers to make it look more attractive!
- After everything is ready, start mind mapping by writing the main topic in the middle of the page. From there, it just started to develop into related subtopics and their derivatives. For example, you are studying science, then the main topic is how living things develop. It means that the subtopics are divided into generative and vegetative. Derivatives for vegetative eg plants and animals, and so on.
- Try to use one word or phrase for each subtopic or its derivatives, to make it easier for you to remember. If you use words that are too long or complicated, it will certainly prevent you from memorizing them, right?
- Add simple illustrations to make your mind map more exciting! Don’t forget to use a different color for each subtopic line, to make it more visually appealing. The more creative you are, the more interesting your mind map will be!
3. ASS BRIDGE METHOD
This method may have been applied by many students when they have to memorize a foreign term that is difficult to remember. The donkey bridge is known to be effective in helping the brain remember in a more fun way. According to the Adolescent Literacy Organization, along with its development, the donkey bridge also made use of images and other objects such as hands, hereinafter known as visual mnemonics.
One example of applying this method is to take the first letter of each word in the phrase you want to memorize. Then form the first set of letters into a new word or sentence.
An example is the order of the colors of the rainbow, namely “mejikuhibiu” which stands for red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. In addition, the application of this technique can also be seen when we try to memorize the periodic table.
4. MAKE AN IMPORTANT POINT
The easiest way to memorize quickly is to write down key words or points from readings or presentations that you feel are important. You can record it on a piece of paper or in the notes application on a smartphone, tablet, and so on.
But like the number one method, researchers from Washington University, USA, revealed that people who took notes by hand had better memory. Well, if you take notes on a piece of paper or a notebook, write it with colored markers and distinguish colors for each key word or important points to make it easier to memorize and store in the brain’s memory.
With the help of colored markers and colored pencils, you can make your notes more interesting and colorful. That way, reading notes will not feel boring. Don’t forget to include an image that matches the material, Grameds!
5. MAKE A SONG
Memorizing lessons took days. Meanwhile, memorizing the lyrics of the latest songs does not take even a day to be memorized. Have you ever experienced something similar to Grameds? It turns out that our brains are easier to memorize music. Let’s try to make a song from your subject matter.
You can change the lyrics of your favorite song to the names of the countries in the world and their capitals. Or you can make your own tunes. This method is suitable for you who really like music. You can also sing it with your friends when you’re having fun. Of course, using songs as a way to memorize quickly will make it easier for you Grameds.
People learn differently. For those of you with Auditorial learning types, you will understand more when you hear other people’s explanations. Well, you can record your teacher’s voice when he is explaining. Then you can listen to the recording over and over again.
Another way is to record your own voice. You can use language that is easy for you to understand when recording a material. In addition to making it easier for you to learn, you can practice your speaking skills as well. Great right? This is an effective way of memorizing quickly.
The 7th way to memorize quickly is by visualizing. In fact, our brains are faster at remembering or memorizing something visual. Well, you can apply this quick memorization method. For example, you want to memorize car series from an automotive brand.
Draw the cars (or you can search on the internet, then print them out). Do this method as often as possible and paste it where you always see it, your subconscious will certainly make it easier for you to memorize it
8. CREATE STORIES
To help the brain absorb large chunks of information, another trick it can try to break down the information is to create a story that connects each piece of information.
For example, if we need to memorize a complex chemical formula, we can rename a molecule with a human name starting with the same letter (Carol = Chlorine, for example) and create a small story where the formula becomes a molecular character in the formula that has the same characteristics as humans.
This can be a very effective method for learning with complex information. For example, Glucose is sweet, cheerful and can be a good friend to all living things.
9. GROUP LEARNING
Studying with friends can actually make you understand and remember the lessons that have been delivered in class. A pleasant atmosphere with friends is the reason why this method of memorizing quickly is considered effective. Because, with friends, you will also find a suitable and fun learning method. In addition, if you don’t understand, ask a friend who has mastered the lesson to explain it to you. Explained by friends of the same age is usually easier to understand because the way of thinking tends to be the same. Here are some tips for effective group study Grameds:
- For group study, of course you need friends who become your study group. In fact, anyone of your friends can be invited to join together. But being selective in choosing study friends is also necessary, make sure they are really willing, sincere, and sincere to learn and share knowledge with you. The maximum number of group members is 5 people. With less group members, it is hoped that you can focus more on the discussion.
- Determine study materials well in advance of group study. Determining learning materials before group study is carried out is very important so that all members can prepare themselves for the material to be discussed.
- Determine the appropriate length of study so that the learning process does not feel boring. Not too fast and also not too long. Studying too long will certainly make you feel bored. One to two hours is enough to do group study. Effective study time is the afternoon or evening after a break at home. Make sure that each member arrives on time at the pre-agreed place Grameds.
- Really Learn, When learning begins, make sure you really focus on the main goal, namely learning. First, eliminate things that interfere with the learning process so that the learning process is no longer effective.
- Choose a comfortable and quiet place to study, away from television or crowds. A quiet and comfortable group study place is very helpful in increasing concentration in the learning and discussion process.
- Each should bring a different snack. Later during the rest season you and your friends can exchange snacks, this will make the atmosphere warmer and more pleasant.
- No need to be tense, you can study with serious but relaxed conditions. Learning does not need to be too tense so as not to feel bored. But also not made to play. Keep creating serious learning conditions, but stay relaxed and don’t make you feel bored.
- Understanding each other’s responsibilities, group learning will be useless if its members have a selfish nature and choose to escape responsibility. That is why it is very important to be selective in choosing study partners who really want to learn and understand each other’s responsibilities in a group.
- Sharing Knowledge and Exchanging Thoughts Don’t be stingy about sharing knowledge and helping your friends who are difficult in understanding the tasks that have been given. In addition, try to exchange opinions about the subject matter that will be studied the next day. Usually each member has a different understanding in capturing a Grameds material.
10. Q&A QUIZ
You can ask your mother, father, brother, or sister to make questions from the content of the lessons that you have recorded in the book. This method does look like an activity to answer practice questions, but is packaged in a more interesting way. This way, you can easily remember the answers to the questions asked by the people around you. Who knows the questions they ask are the same as those that appear on the exam paper.
11. SET UP THE STUDY TABLE
Find a fun place for you to re-read what you’ve learned in class. You can choose to read by a quiet pool with the sound of gurgling water or in a quiet coffee shop. A comfortable and pleasant atmosphere makes your brain relax and it will easily digest the things you read.
In addition, if you choose to study at a coffee shop, the distinctive and delicious aroma makes your mind calmer, or just study in your room, but before that, tidy up your room and study table. along with playing favorite music, and preparing favorite snacks. These things can help you relax and study without the burden of Grameds.
12. WATCH YOUR FOOD INTAKE
The food we eat also greatly affects brain performance, that’s why many say if we eat too much food containing MSG, we can have difficulty concentrating. Fruits and vegetables should be a mandatory menu for you every day, considering that they are the best sources of nutrients and vitamins that are useful for maximizing all the functions of the body’s organs, including the brain. Consume:
- Blueberries: Contains antioxidants that can function in fighting free radicals and preventing brain damage. This fruit can also function in improving brain memory, and stop slowing motor function, balance and coordination. In fact, recent studies have found that blueberries, strawberries, and acai berries can help prevent and slow the decline in cognitive function due to age.
- Peanuts and peanut butter, Although both are high in fat, peanuts and peanut butter are included in food sources that contain healthy fats, especially in them there is vitamin E which can prevent memory loss. These two foods can help keep the heart and brain healthy and functioning optimally. Don’t forget to choose peanut butter without sugar, okay?
- Salmon, mackerel, tuna, and other fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that can sharpen memory, as well as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which is essential for the normal function of neurons.
- Avocado One fruit that contains healthy fats is avocado. In addition, avocados can also help blood flow smoothly to the brain, reduce high blood pressure and help keep the heart healthy. A study has also found that foods rich in vitamin E, including avocados, can lower the risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
- Dark green leafy vegetables, spinach and broccoli are good sources of vitamin E and folic acid to be consumed in improving brain memory.
- Apple, Often, when you eat an apple, you will peel the skin first before eating the flesh. In fact, apple skin is rich in quercetin and antioxidants that can play a role in reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s. Moreover, the red apples that you often consume also contain anthocyanins, another type of antioxidant that can improve brain memory.
13. SLEEP ENOUGH
Lastly, don’t forget to get enough rest. The brain also needs to be rested so that its function remains optimal. Make sure you don’t sleep too late and wake up not too late. Adequate rest is effective in maintaining brain health.
Proper sleep time will help us have a good performance, maintain mental agility, also ward off stress and fatigue. Then, how many hours of sleep is ideal for you? The amount of sleep that is healthy for each person turns out to be different depending on age:
- Adults (18-64 years): 7-9 hours
- Teenagers (14-17 years): 8-10 hours
- Schoolchildren (6-13 years): 9-11 hours